Massive congratulations to the 7 artists officially chosen for the ArtAttack Launch Exhibition from our #HangInChelsea competition.
The artists are:
- Massimo Agostinelli. American-Italian, but London-born artist, Agostinelli, is known for his ‘Word Play | Text Art’ works which have been exhibited in galleries in London and New York and are held among collections in major cities across 5 continents.
2. Samin Ahmadzadeh. This Iran-born artist and CSM graduate’s background in street photography is combined with a passion of expressing her personal views on sociological and cultural matters of her country. Her practice continues to evolve with a specific focus on archival collections of her family’s cultural history.
3. Jadé Fadojutimi. First year MA Painting at Royal Collage Of Art, BA graduate of the Slade School of Fine Art, 2015. Fadojutimi lives and works in London.
4. Richard Magee. Currently at the Slade School Of Art. Recipient of two Art Awards, Pankerd-Jones Memorial Prize in Fine Art and The City Hotel Art Prize. Work with acrylics and spray paint.
5. Cyrus Mahboubian. Mahboubian, also known as ‘Cyrus Artist’, is a British artist, photographer and independent filmmaker, known for his contemplative approach to photography and his continued use of analogue materials, especially polaroid. His intentionally slow process is a response to the increasing influence of technology in modern life.
6. Imogen Parry. Dark paradise is a concept that fascinates Parry, and she is interested to capture something eerily beautiful. ‘I make work around the concept of paradise. I’m not sure if I believe it to be a real place, but an amalgamation of different ideals.’ Parry’s preferred media is print and photographic based.
7. Tess Williams. MA Fine Art Graduate from Central Saint Martins, Williams is a large-scale gestural abstract painter who lives and works in London. Williams chooses to make large paintings, mainly on canvases that are bigger than herself so that she feels encompassed.
A huge thank you to our esteemed panel for narrowing down from 1,000 + wonderful submissions.
Re-introducing the panel:
1. Graham Southern. Graham is one half of Blain Southern Gallery, which he co-founded in 2010 with Harry Blain. Graham was also the founding director of Christie’s Post-War and Contemporary Art Department, working there from 1994-2001.
2. Tancredi Massimo. Tancredi is a Valuer in the Estates, Appraisals and Valuations Department at Christie’s. He is also one of the curators who headed last year’s fantastic ‘Christie’s Curates’ Emerging Art exhibition.
4. Michael Zhou. Michael is Executive Director of the Zhou B Art Center. Since 2009, Michael has lead the centre to become one of the premier art destinations in Chicago and the world. His vision is to develop a creative hub that encourages and mentors emerging artists.
5. India Whalley. India is the Founder of Chelsea’s The Dot Project gallery (our phenomenal location for the exhibition). She knows exactly what suits her unique space, and we are honoured to have her guidance and expertise throughout this process.
6. Katy Wickremesinghe. Katy is the Founder/Director of KTW London, a strategic and creative brands consultancy dedicated to arts, fashion and luxury brands.
7. Andrew Salgado. Andrew is an East London-based painter and one of the most promising young figurative artists at work today. In 2015, Saatchi Art awarded him the title of ‘Artist To Invest In Now’ and critic, Edward Lucie Smith, states he is a ‘dazzling skilfull advocate for painting’.
8. Jenny Judova. Jenny is an arts journalist and the Founder of Art Map London, an arts events listings website that has developed into a blossoming community of artists and art professionals.
9. Nicholas Campbell. Nicholas is the Founder/Director of emerging arts consultancy, Narcissus Arts. He started this company in 2010 after gaining significant experience in the contemporary art world. In 2014, Spears Magazine chose Nick as the UK’s best art consultant under 35.
We cant wait for opening night! June 27th at The Dot Project, 94 Fulham Road, London, SW3 6HS. 7.30pm for cocktails and some of the most exciting emerging art around today. Art Attack looks forward to seeing you all there!